Labels:

Last but not least

I was away during the weekend. Instead of joining a very important seminar which i dearly missed and also meeting up and catching up with friends from all over the places, I choose to go alone to the airport to welcome the new batch of juniors arriving in Germany for the very first time after 2 and a half years of preparation in Malaysia. And I am very thankful for that.

It reminds me of a lot of things. It reminds me of who I was and how much I've changed since then and I appreciate the then-me because without it, there will be no now-me. It reminds me of my fellow ALG comrades when they first arrive, and oh boy how much we all have grown!

Looking at my fellow juniors, five years really seems like five minutes. And thanks to the very encouraging email from Mr E this morning, I was reminded of sth which can describe my feeling at the moment.
A Time for Everything
There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
 a time to be born and a time to die,    a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal,    a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh,    a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up,    a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend,    a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate,    a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-9 (NIV)

Signing out,
Just-five-minutes-older-Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment